Monday, March 23, 2009

Humble Hello from Houston



Hello!

I had grand plans to post photos & keep the blog updated daily on the Mission, but I returned from our Florida trip to a slew of neglected domestic duties and an adrenaline rush from the whole launch experience that wore off fairly abruptly soon after we arrived home (not to mention the lure of NASA TV coverage). :) Still, the afterglow of it all may never wear off ...

So now, here in humble Houston, the laundry is cycled, the dishes are washed, the garbage is on the curb ... and we're gearing up for Danny's birthday party on Wednesday followed by Michael's first machine pitch baseball game that same night. Since I have a moment before tonight's Cub Scout meeting, I thought I'd touch base and pass on some images of our favorite guy living out his dream a couple of hundred miles above us.

Life is good here -- on Earth and in space!







We're so happy for Daddy!!! Do you see that smile? It hasn't left his face this entire time!!! We've never seen him happier!! I wish it didn't have to end for him. This week will go quickly...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see pix of Tony & crew; they do look like they are having the time of their lives.

For those of you on Facebook, NASA has a great page on there -- NASA: 2Explore. Great pix, and some great comments from users.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...still see that little boy smile of his. What a dream to come true!

Rocket said...

Thanks for posting these breathtaking pictures! We area so thrilled for Tony's first mission! We appreciate being able to keep tabs on NASA TV. We will miss being at the landing but hope to make a trip to Houston in the near future and spend some quality time with the Antonellis.

Kathleen, Rocky and Rocket Spane

Anonymous said...

He does look like he is having fun! We are so excited for him! He's inspired my husband's childhood dream to be an astronaut so tell Tony to make room on the next flight, cuz Jeff's coming too!