Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holiday Inn Rooms at $103 for Feb 22nd launch

A good friend just passed on the following information for those of our guests still searching for hotel accommodations for next week's launch date. She reports:

The Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach is still showing rooms available for the Feb 22nd launch date at $103 per night… and they are fully changeable/cancelable up until the day before check-in.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/rates/coibe?ias=y&availCheckCaching=n&_requestid=3972625

The rooms that were originally blocked at this location for the Feb. 12th launch date were released with a transfer option to the Comfort Inn at the original rate. This is a new, independent booking option.

Other good deals out there? Please post them here for others to explore!

Hoping to see you all soon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We heard this morning that the locals in Cocoa Beach have said there is another launch delay until Feb 27th. Can anyone confirm?

Anonymous said...

I read on one of the websites (can't remember which one!?!) that the launch date would be no earlier than March 5! I hope these are nothing more that rumors.

Let's get this thing launched!

Ronda

Anonymous said...

I am really not sure how this works, but would it be safe to say that until the investigations are complete, a No Earlier Than date is not meaningful?

Anonymous said...

Is the launch still on for the 22nd

Anonymous said...

AVIS has the best car rental rates... :) I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Launch has been delayed to no earlier than Feb 27th. Bummer.

Anonymous said...

I just got notice that NASA will hold the next news conference on 20Feb about this launch with launch date no earlier than the 27th, too. Check out: www.nasa.gov/home/hgnews/2009/feb/HQ_M09_025_STS-119_FRR.html

or go to NASA.gov and go to "News Releases"
How hard this must be for Tony and the rest of the crew!

Ronda

Anonymous said...

Whenever it is we are planning on being there. We have an open ended approval to get the kids out of school and have already changed our air plane tickets. The kids don't want to unpack. We can't not come.

Maybe we will have good weather.
Todd, Beth Mattelyn, Henry & John

Anonymous said...

Toby's from Noblesville, IN. We are the Hoard's from Westfield, IN. What a small world. I wonder if you are going down the same time we are, maybe on the same plane. When ever the launch is we are planning on an Air Trans flight two days prior.

Beth Hoard

Anonymous said...

Hoard's. We will be driving to the launch. If 27th is the launch date, then we will leave on this Friday. Going to Okeechobee via Jeffersonville to drop off the dog with Grandma. Are you relatives of Tony's? If so, then I am the one that Tony worked for while in Indianapolis prior to his F/A-18 training. I seem to remember he visited someone in Westfield while he was here for his TDY that year.

Anonymous said...

Toby's, I am Todd's wife, he is Tony's cousin. they used to get into trouble together. Todd thought you might have been a childhood friend of Tony's that lived in Greenwood. If Tony visited in Westfield it was to family. His Aunt & Uncle live here also. We are still going, our 4 y/o is sleeping in his astronaut uniform tonight. Our whole elem. school is going to be watching and we have gained a Flat Stanley to travel. Beth